Adding depth to a previously one-pager website by developing new content to demystify tech jargon and generate new leads.
This project was accompanied by a full rebrand of the business, from the logo to the tone of voice and social media presence.
Imaginative Software has provided bespoke software development for exciting and innovative companies across the past decade. The entire approach to software development takes a focus on creative, out the box thinking to solve complex problems. Often their projects required a little more than just lines of code and often our team would work closely with the clients to develop business processes, product timelines and more.
Since 2012, Imaginative Software has provided bespoke software to a variety of organisations. After a decade of service and an internal shakeup, the team felt like it was time to create a brand we could all be proud of.
To give the brand and website a fresh lift, we switched to dark mode, embracing the rich black backgrounds and enhanced with a vivid colour palette. In the first stage of the website, we expanded the content to champion more of our business case studies. This allowed us to delve into detail and really showcase the incredible work from the past decade.
After a website review, and some user feedback, we realised we’d been a bit heavy handed on the dark mode, which led to us drip feeding contrasting background back into the website. A notable change was within the blog page, which we tweaked to be easier to read and cause less eye-strain, making our important SEO content more digestible and useful.
As I began to understand more about SEO and also collaborated with a new team member with previous website SEO experience, we realised the website was not performing as efficiently as it could be. In order to foster a better lead-generation strategy, we came up with a plan to enhance the current website content.
After mapping out a new website architecture we realised how extensive content changes would need to be. I quickly cracked on with it and began wireframing the additional pages.
Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, this project was unable to be completed. However, keep reading for more detail about our phase two plan.
The previous services page was an SEO nightmare. All services were placed on one page, but we wanted to talk in a lot of detail. In addition, there were no CTAs for website visitors to convert to clients.
The new structure planned to divide all services into their own pages, in order to provide more detail and also optimise the search engine experience too. More visuals and CTAs break up the text, making it more digestible and page anchors would help users easily navigate this information heavy page.